“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” -Marianne Williamson
Our Greatest Battle
I decided to take accountability for my life situation and transition out of a corporate role that I had grown disenchanted with. The decision to move on from a stable, status quo corporate job in a “difficult economy” would raise the eyebrows of many. “What are you thinking Dan? Why dont you just accept your situation and work harder?” It has taken me a long time to realize my own potential in a world that is controlled by fear, resistance, and an unwillingness to embrace change. I have come to understand that the greatest battle we endure throughout our lives is confronting our own internal fear to pursue our passions . Stand up, put your mouthpiece in, and get ready to go to war… it is time to start living.
10 Ways To Overcome Fear
1. Stay Present In Difficult And Unknown Situations– We will all encounter many situations throughout our lives that we perceive as difficult to overcome. Stay present in the moment and free yourself from past perceptions and future worries. Feel the fear within and let it dissipate. It will pass once you are brave enough to accept your situation and confront it. Everything that you are proud of accomplishing was at one time something you were afraid to face. If you understand the illusion of fear you will unlock your greatest potential.
2. Disregard Outside Resistance– I think it is fair to say that 95% of our society is afraid to rebel against the status quo and question social conditioning. These individuals will continue to pursue stability and question those who seek passions outside of societal norms. Be respectful of everyone you come in contact with, however, be willing to formulate your own perspectives with the information that is presented to you. The vast majority of our society is unconscious and unwilling to confront their fears. They live in a cage that they have created for themselves and are unwilling to take the steps necessary to encourage growth. Take accountability for your life and use the outside resistance as an opportunity to stay present and free of ego. Dont let the outside resistance turn into internal resistance. Believe in your visions and stay strong
3. Push Yourself A Little Further Each Day– Try pushing yourself to do something daily that you have been afraid of pursuing in the past. You dont have to quit your job or do anything drastic right off the bat, however, take baby steps and slowly build confidence with every little success that you experience. We have the opportunity to grow daily and learn new things that will teach us more about who we are. Let go of the roles that you have identified with and become a child again, willing to explore your curiousities. Three months ago I knew nothing of social media and was fearful of all the work it would take to start my own blog. I no longer have that fear
4. Start Or Connect With A Support Group Who Share The Same Passions– It is nice to be part of a support group composed of positive and inspiring people willing to counterbalance the negativity you will periodically encounter pursuing your vision. Join an existing support group or start your own group through social media. You have the ability to bring together individuals that share a similar passion to help each other through difficult times. You must take accountability for your own life situation and having a strong support structure will only help you in overcoming fears as well as outside resistance. You may even come up with a few new ideas through interacting with others!
5. Grasp the Cyclical Nature of Success and Failure– Success and failure are perceptions, often interchangeable throughout our lives. Everything that you succeed at will most likely one day turn to perceived failure and every failure that you experience has the opportunity to turn into perceived success. Redefine failure in your life as the greatest of all teachers and be willing to embrace shortcomings as a chance to experience growth. The only true failure in life is letting fear consume who we are, preventing us from giving our gifts to the world. You are far greater than any external accomplishment, be willing to lead a life that provides light to others.
6. Follow Your True Passions In Pursuit of Excellence– You will never be able to pursue excellence if you are trying to live the dreams of others. What are you passionate about? What do you enjoy doing where time seems to escape you? I truly enjoy being around people that seem to glow from doing what inspires them. Be one of those people! Dont let rationality and resistance deter you from your dreams. We live in a time of tremendous opportunity through social media and you have the ability to reach millions of people for little cost by sharing your passion (gift) with others. It is truly amazing how the world provides opportunities for us when we decide to move forward with our vision. Fortune favors the bold.
7. Celebrate Your Small Successes– It is important to celebrate every small success that you encounter on a path of many perceived obstacles. Dont become identified with success or failure and remain free of ego during your life experience. Be willing ot share your success with others by giving back and inspiring future generations. It is our duty as human beings to share the light within to those living in complete darkness. Unleash your internal light and observe how others become attracted to it. This “light” will help you overcome fear as well as provide strength to others in conquering their limitations.
8. Think Of Things From The End- If you become consumed by fear and anxiety take a step back and think of things from the end. Is this problem as big as I am making it out to be? Will this problematic situation matter in a few weeks, months, years, or at the end of my life? Understand that we come into this world with nothing and we leave this world we nothing. The greatest asset that we have is the consciousness that emerges through separation from incessant mind patterns and emotions. Many people never realize this power until they are confronted with their last few breaths on their death bed. We all possess the same power within and it is our responsibility to overcome the self created limitations to truly experience ”success” in our lives on this planet. Live with the end in mind.
9. Study The Chakra Teachings Of Grounding Energy, Running Energy, And Cutting Chords– Many people will laugh when being presented with Chakra Energy Teachings ( I was one of them at first). However, these teachings have helped me tremendously with overcoming my own fear and uncertainty in situations that I have perceived as “difficult”. The body is composed of seven chakras, each chakra in charge of regulating a different aspect of the human experience (Google Chakra Energy Teaching to get in depth description). I will do a separate post on these teachings to bring a more comprehensive understanding of when to practice each method and how to experience success with it. If your impatient you can goole these terms and do your own research.
10. Believe In Your Power And Ability To Bring Visions To Reality- You must believe in your power to create your external realities. We will experience things that seem unexplainable or random but keep to the belief that everything in your life is happening for a reason. A set back that you are confronted with may just be an additional opportunity to increase your consciousness. Failure and suffering can sometimes be our door way into awakening to the power within. Don’t resist anything in your life and free yourself from the fear that is preventing the authentic “you” to emerge. Be Your Own Hero